It is important for us to order our day. How we start and end our day matters. However, many of us just wake up, frantically diving into the chaos of the day without any plan. If we are to live on purpose and be effective everyday then we must have routines that we do everyday to set the parameters of our day. These 7 daily essential routines are designed to help you execute your vision, generate energy and create harmony so you can slay your day like a true champion. Let’s dive in.
1. Start with Thanksgiving. It is so important that we take time to write and recite things that we are grateful for each morning and evening. So often we stuff our mouths with complaints. Those complaints do not make us feel well nor serve any constructive purpose. True be told we have a lot to be thankful for. If we choose to stuff our mouths with thanksgiving, our world would change for the better. We generally feel better when we are expressing gratitude. So why not make this an essential routine?
2. Prayer. Prayer is simply communicating and fellowship with God. You can simply start by having a regular conversation with God. Whether you believe in God or not, there are a number of studies that show the efficacy of prayer. When we share our concerns and worries with God, we can unload our problems on Him and allow Him to take the weight. We were not designed to be boggled down with worry and stress. Pray allows us to talk about the things that are on our hearts and release any baggage that we are carrying. You can simply start by having a regular conversation with God.
3. Meditation. According to the Huffington Post, some of the benefits of meditation includes lower blood pressure, increase circulation, enhance memory and concentration, and the ability to process information better. Meditation is essential and should be a part of your daily routines. You can start with small increments of time and then build over time. Set your timer for 5-10 minutes and close your eyes. As you close your eyes, inhale and exhale, breathing deeply. Start thinking about the things that you are grateful for and really think about your life and all that you have achieved. You really want to feel the emotions that come when you truly ponder on those things you are thankful for.
4. Lemon. Studies show that a glass of hot freshly squeezed lemon water enhances your mood and energize you early in the morning. Plus, it aids weight loss, boost antioxidant, reduces kidney stones and aids digestion. You do not want to skip the lemon water.
5. Power affirmation. Take a couple moments to affirmatively state aloud who you are. For me, some of my declarations are: “I am fully equipped and able to accomplish all that is needed today!” “Failure is not in my DNA!” This gets me fired up about the things that I need to do. Making bold, powerful affirmations will get your energy and excitement up for the challenges ahead. If my mind tries to convince me that for example that I am a failure, I challenge that and send my mind for examples to show that I am not a failure. Quite often time our mind brings things to our attention that are not true, and we blindly accept the information. We are in control of our mind and our thoughts. If we have thoughts that are out of concurrency with who we have decided to be, then we do not have to accept those thoughts.
6. Walk it out. According to the consumer reports, the benefits of walking include lower body mass index (BMI), lower blood pressure and cholesterol, lower fasting blood sugar (glucose), better memory and cognitive function, lower stress and improved mood and longer life. It is incredibly peaceful to walk early in the morning. Trust me you want to take some time to do this every morning because the benefits are definitely worth it.
7. Got plans? If you don’t have a plan, then how will you arrive at your intended destination? Planning is key. If you fail to plan, then you will go wherever the wind blows and life will feel incredibly disruptive. You must take control of your life. You must decide what things must happen every day for you to feel and be successful. Take some time to think about what you want out of life and then create a plan to achieve those goals. It doesn’t have to be an elaborate plan. For me, on Sunday evening I think about my week and jot down things that I need to accomplish. Those things are directly connected to my purpose and mission in this life. During the week, I take time to think about the things that I need to do each day. I break it down into bite size pieces so as not to overwhelm myself. I build in some time for interruptions or unforeseen occurrences.
At the end of your day take a few moments to revisit the things you are thankful for. Think about what you were able to accomplish. Say a prayer. End your day with something inspirational, whether that is reading an inspiring biography, blog or article. Your life is important. If you want to be better or to be different then you my friend, must be better and be different. These essential routines will aid you in becoming…